Thursday, February 20, 2014

Networking : Mentor Event


So you all know that I am still looking for job. Yesterday evening, I went out to a networking mentor event, it was quite productive. I met two ladies on different tables, very kind and meant to help others. This kind of people makes me very happy. I feel that they are leading a meaningful life. I also wanted to help others and be nice to people.  Once I get a job, I will be true and honest to myself and do things that are "right" and "kind".  

There was one lady, with red matching lipstick and nail polish with pearls accessories, around 60+ old (UN, Human Resources officer). Very arrogant, although I find her stylish that didn't impress me or stole my heart away. She is in "B" category, who thinks that she has the power and pointed to us, "you should all connect with each other & do network, not with us” then she continues, “… we (she & her partner) are the senior level & can network among our level only.” Well, for me, this doesn’t make sense, those “all” are people who are searching job and they won’t be a good network or connect you with someone else.  You (mentors) have the ability to connect us with someone you know. She is such a “self-centered” person.  Anyway, I will not fill you in with her negative energy.  We need some positive people like “Ellen show.”


 Today, I wrote to one of the kind ladies and hopefully I will receive a reply.  Fingers crossed!! 


At the event, I met few of my friends/classmates. We are all looking for job, and hoping that we can see a light at the end of the tunnel soon.   

Wish me luck :)    

No comments:

Post a Comment